<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17124893\x26blogName\x3dConfessions+Of+A+Tarnished+Southern+B...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tarnishedsouthernbelle.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tarnishedsouthernbelle.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2391259041278630350', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Dear Internet Moms....HELP!

Hi internet moms! Yeah, even you over there in the corner. I, the all knowing, needs help. Major help. As you know I have 6 month old twin girls and a 3 year old girl. I'm having some problems and I need advice. Here goes...

Twin S is teething (we think) and she drools ALOT. Her little chin stays red and chapped. She wears a bib and I wipe as much as I can but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions on what I can do to prevent it?

Big girl (our 3 year old) REFUSES to take a nap. I lay her down everyday at 1, everyone takes a nap then. She will not go to sleep which would be fine but by 5pm she is a devil. Oh the whining, and moaning and arguing...by 5:15 my head wants to explode. Any suggestions? We have tried letting her watch a Dora the Explorer (gag) movie if she takes a nap...she could care less.





link | posted by Mrs. TSB at 10:57 AM






5 Comments:
Blogger Moon had this to say:

Try excema cream or ointment. I used to get it at Kmart. If you can't find that try that diaper rash cream, AD Ointment, I think it's called.
When I worked at a daycare, we used to make the kids have "quiet time" even if they didn't fall asleep. Tell her that even if she doesn't want to fall asleep she has to lie down.
And maybe let her sleep a little later in the morning, or go to bed earlier.

8:07 PM 

Anonymous tasha had this to say:

wish i could help.. but im not a mom yet..... soon... soon :-)
Hugs

12:09 AM 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I would try vasoline on the chin. its pure, no additives, it works great on hands and diaper rash. I think the quiet time thing is good and sleepnig a litte later or going to bed earlier in the evening. Happy Mothering, Lynn_in_md2004

10:11 AM 

Blogger kfk had this to say:

Vaseline, definitely.

As far as the refusal to nap, that is just one of those things I failed at trying to conquer. My head exploded nearly every day when my youngest gave up her naps at two years. She is now 3 1/2 and hasn't had that whiny evening ritual in quite awhile.

Good luck!

And, I just have to tell you that I really, really love your blog design!

4:04 PM 

Blogger feydargonet had this to say:

AUQAPHOR It's a little expensive, but it works wonderful!!!! The NICU my son was in swears by it. My son breathed out of his mouth for the first 2 months of his life or so, and his poor lips where always dry and cracked. I put some auqaphor on it for 24 hours (mainly at night) and his lips have been so kissably soft since then. I would wipe her as dry as I could, put some on and rub it in really well, then continue to put some on as the day goes by. Also, maybe don't wipe her face as much, part of it could be from the rubbing of the cloth against her(even if it is soft).
The nap thing, some kids just don't do it. I did as one of the PP said when I worked in daycare, and everyone had quiet time, laying down, no talking, no getting up, no playing, no lights, nothing. Usually they eventualy fall asleep. Also, and I know if everyone takes a nap at this time it would be heard, but try seeing if she will nap at a different time, earlier or later in the day. What is her bed time? This might be effect her as well. Maybe try darkening her room more during nap time, and/or adding some white noise. A friend of mine's son was about that age when he wouldn't take naps, it was in the summer and too hot for blankets, but he had a security blanket he wanted, so I suggested getting something cool and silky, he sleeps with that all the time now. Her daughter has a blanket that is velvet on one side, silk on the other, and she has to have that to go to sleep. I know 3 is kind of old to have something secuirty wise, esp to introduce it, but my theory is if it helps so what. Hope this helps hun, email me if ya need to.
Sarah
Sarah_aka_fey

8:28 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page



I'm a SAHM to 3 girls. We became foster parents in May 2006 in hopes of adoption. We love our girls and could never picture ourselves without them. Although life is much busier, we couldn't be any happier. Here's our story...