<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d17124893\x26blogName\x3dConfessions+Of+A+Tarnished+Southern+B...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://tarnishedsouthernbelle.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tarnishedsouthernbelle.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8330693486604909029', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, April 23, 2006
What A Weekend!!

Guess what I did this weekend...Let me enlighten you...

Went to the ER twice in one day. That has to be some sort of record, right?

You might be wondering to yourself, how could it be? Oh, anything is possible with me!

Friday we decided to go to lake for a short bit, once we were there we took the golf carts off the trailer and decided to ride around a little. Well, it had been raining, but was clear for the most part. Well, Alicia and I took off on a trail and when we did I hit a hole that I TOTALLY didn't see and somehow we ended up driving off the trail and hitting a tree, and I bumped my head pretty bad. Mr. TSB insisted I go to the ER to be checked out, he said I was acting a little weird, obviously he hasn't been paying attention to me the last 4.5 years, I AM WEIRD. So, I went and was checked out and with a little bruising and a few scratches, I am fine.

So, we decided to go out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant with some friends and I had grilled shrimp and some rice. God it was good, as always. So we stayed there until 11 or so, and we were going to meet some other friends at the Waffle House for coffee and gossip. Well, all of a sudden I couldn't swallow. I could breathe, but not swallow. It felt like my tongue was swollen or something. So, I told Mr. we had to leave and we were headed home and then I told him to take me to the ER something isn't right.

By the time we got there, I was crying, shaking and it was real hard to breathe. I thought I was gonna die! So, they took me on back and took my blood pressure. 201/100 was the reading. I thought, OH MY GOD IM HAVING A HEART ATTACK! and I started panicking more! So, they grabbed a wheelchair and took me to a room, by this point I am flipping out. Normally, I am a very calm person when it comes to these sort of things, but this time? I had gone crazy. Then the vomiting started, oh my god the vomiting. Then all of a sudden I had 3 people working on me, checking glucose levels, blood pressure and listening to my heart. In the meantime I couldn't stop crying and the breathing was getting harder and harder.

Finally a Dr. came in and examined me, and told me I had some sort of allergic reaction, either to food or something in the air, he really didn't know but he was going to give me something for it, because my uvula (a.k.a. hanging down thing in the back of your throat) was swollen causing me to feel like I couldn't swallow. But, he also said I had worked myself into an anxiety attack and he was going to give me something to calm down. People? I thought they were gonna have to bring in a straight jacket, I had flipped out! So, finally the nurse came in, and gave me 2 shots in my ass, and within 5 minutes, I was so sleepy that I couldn't cry or panic anymore, I just wanted to sleep..the next thing I remember was waking up the next day. LOL Last time I did that, I was in college.

I am feeling much better now, and taking it easy. Hopefully, I will post again today.

link | posted by Mrs. TSB at 3:30 PM

Blogger Laura had this to say:

OMG!!! You are NOT having a good weekend!!
I hope you are feeling better...

you may want to consider getting an RX for an "epi-pen" to carry around with you just in case of future allergic reactions! If you dont know what caused it - you dont know what to avoid!

Rest up - take care!

4:59 PM 

Blogger feydargonet had this to say:

Sounds like one fun filled weekend hun!!!!
Aren't hospital meds the best?!
Glad you are feeling better!

6:31 AM 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

I'm a SAHM to 3 girls. We became foster parents in May 2006 in hopes of adoption. We love our girls and could never picture ourselves without them. Although life is much busier, we couldn't be any happier. Here's our story...